This page will be used to share local and national information and resources during the Coronavirus crisis.
Any documents linked to from this page will be the most recent versions and can be shared.
If you have any information to share please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us page.
MFIN Email Updates – All the COVID-19 email updates from MFIN collated into a single PDF document, there are links to all email attachments at the bottom of the document.
FareShare Go – FareShare is working to help charities and community groups access much needed food during this challenging time.
Volunteer Midlothian have produced two documents to be used by groups looking to help their communities during the crisis, Guidance for Community Response Volunteer Coordinators and a Volunteer Risk Assessment Template.
Dalkeith CAB and Penicuik CAB are still offering telephone and email advice. They can arrange food bank referrals and offer specific benefit or employment advice etc. They are also able to refer to and work with other local organisations to help clients. Dalkeith CAB have a direct number for foodbank referrals, 0131 654 4365.
Dalkeith CAB – 0131 660 1636 email@example.com
Penicuik CAB – 01968 675259 firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlothian Community Support Groups – a list in PDF format of local Community Support Groups and Community Councils on Facebook.
- Sharing Personal Information on Social Media – Guidelines on sharing personal information.
- Information Page, including updates on the status of council services.
- #KindnessMidlothian Campaign – Details of the campaign to coordinate community support efforts in Midlothian.
- #Kindness Midlothian Webpage – New webpage with links to community support for each area in Midlothian and an online form to request support.
Ready Scotland – Information on how to help your Community from Safer Scotland.
Child Poverty Action Group:
- Updated information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), families and social security.
- Benefits and Coronavirus – Information for welfare advisers.
Citizens Advice Scotland – Includes information on Scam Awareness.
Scottish Council For Voluntary Organisations:
- SCVO Coronavirus Community Assistance Directory – Searchable online registry of Scotland-wide Community Support Groups.
- SCVO Coronavirus Third Sector Information Hub – Information for Third Sector Organisations.
- General Information page
- Ready Scotland – where to find additional support
- National Volunteering Plan for Coronavirus – information on the new Scotland Cares campaign.
- Helping communities affected by COVID-19 – information on funding being made available to help communities during the crisis .
NHS Inform Scotland – Scottish National Health Service Information page.
NHS UK – National Health Service Information page.
- General Information page.
- Help with mobile phone and broadband – Government agrees measures with telecoms companies to support vulnerable consumers through COVID-19.
DWP – Updates on benefits.
Social Security Scotland – Updates on devolved Scottish Benefits.
Digital Unite – Guides on health and well being and staying connected.
Ofcom – Broadband and mobile network advice on staying connected during the crisis.